R.P.S. students council is a student body associated with curricular or extra-curricular activity for the students within school. It is a group of student leaders who work with an adult supervisor to collaborate with others to impact their school. It is a representative body composed chiefly of students chosen by their teacher and principal to organize social and extra-curricular activities and to promote unity, mutual cooperation among the students and also to sharpen their creativity.
Aim & Objectives :
- To foster communication among students, administrative staffs and community.
- To promote, organize and execute activities that encourage student pride and school spirit.
- To install democratic ideals, provides an outlet for the student expression.
- This council is a forum for aiding in the solution of school problems.
What types of activities can be run or carried out by the students council ?
The students council can organize :
- Drawing / Painting competition.
- Preparation of poster for public awareness
- Blood donation camp
- Tree plantation
- Celebrating National Days/festival
- Community clearing campaign
- Cultural exchange programme
- Community visit and data collection
- Keeping suggestion box regarding the student concern and comment.
What is the primary reason for a school opening students council ?
- Training young students in leadership teaching.
- Introducing different social service activities to encourage students to participate & socialize them.
- Facilitating fund raising for service as school activities.
What kinds of activities can the members of student council follow ?
Student council members are elected representatives of our student body that organization numerous school event such as :
- Prizes are awarded for the many active students who had shown outstanding performance in various activities run by student council.
- It also hosts various cultural and sports programme.
- It also organizes community services.
- It can also raise fund for the socially down trodden backward, poor and physically dissolved people.
Student council can also help to share the student ideas, interest and concern with teacher and school principal.
Formation of Council :
The students council will be found under the guidance & control of the school principal, council chairperson and different wing coordinator. There are 30 members (students) in the executive body of the students council which distributes its power and responsibilities as per the instruction of the management and school rules.
Mr. Basanta Lal Lamichhane Patron
Mr. Pritam K. Mehta Advisor
Ms. Sushma Tamang Advisor
Mr. Bharat Magar Advisor
Mr. Sapana Adhikari Advisor
Mr. Bikash Pradhan Advisor
Mr. Sushil Koirala Activity Chair
Ms. Sahena Shrestha President
Mr. Dipersan Jung Thapa Vice-president
Mr. Bishrut Uprety Treasurer
Ms. Diki Sherpa Deputy Treasurer
Ms. Shreeya Adhikari Secretary Treasure
Ms. Praptee Thapa Deputy Secretary
Mr. Aashish Chaudhary Member
Mr. Abhiyan Acharya Member
Mr. Dipersan Jung Karki Member
Mr. Tenji Sherpa Member
Ms. Divasana Poudel Member
Ms. Nayansa Bhattarai Member
Ms. Kunsang Sherpa Member